Thursday, May 8, 2008

I spat deep into that cavern
the echos never sang back
you never sang back
and for a second I thought I caught your spiteful eyes trying.

we stumbled upon a field of fingers
hidden like prarie to occupied eyes
caressing softly our middle places
we were so safe in our middle places
I couldn't tell if you were just playing
you had a look, you wanted to get hurt
not a single one wasn't moving
a new finger for each heartbeat, skin slid further
you wouldn't know I was hiding soap behind your ears
for moments like these years
so we close our eyes to discover just how long "we" is.

and for a second I thought I caught your spiteful eyes trying
but we were shoveling dirt into our faces

I should call your thoughts pythons
when you caught me loose within my soul

I should have called your thoughts pythons.

I was closing my eyes
I am soap behind your ears
mixing with the dirt
but I was always there
so safe, in our middle place.

No comments: